Welcome to the Cayman Islands Government TravelTime Application Page.
As of July 1 2020, Cabinet created a new entity to coordinate and operate repatriation flights to the Cayman Islands. This new entity is known as 'TravelTime'. From July 1, 2020, anyone wishing to travel to the Cayman Islands, by air or sea, must apply to TravelTime. Persons wishing to travel to the Cayman Islands on a repatriation flight should also register.
- A mandatory isolation period in a government managed facility will be required for anyone wishing to return to the Cayman Islands. This entails a minimum of 16 days, with testing conducted on the 15th day. Test results take 24-72 hours, and a negative test result is required to leave.
- Persons wishing to leave the Cayman Islands on a Cayman Airways repatriation flight or via charter aircraft can make travel arrangements directly with the carrier.
- Two hotels are being used for the purpose of isolating for people who have returned from abroad. These are operating as isolation facilities rather than hotels.
- Caymanians and permanent residents do not pay for isolation at these two hotels.
- Work permit holders are required to pay for isolation. Two paid facilities are currently available: Palm Heights (starting at CI$5,250) and the Ritz-Carlton (starting at CI$9,000). These are operated on a first-come, first-served basis, depending on availability.
- Other facilities may become available over the coming weeks.
Contact Travel Time
Call: 649-6913 (8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday)
More Questions?Read these FAQs for answers about outbound and inbound travel.
The Cayman Islands Government’s Ministry of International Trade, Investment, Aviation and Maritime Affairs (MITIAMA) is the data controller for the temporary function of processing personal data in order to arrange travel to and from the Cayman Islands while the country’s airports remain closed to commercial international flights during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are committed to making sure your data is safe. Our privacy notice will explain how we use the personal data we collect from you when you submit our form.