What's New in Phase 5?
- All vaccinated travellers
- Unvaccinated Caymanians, Residents and Work Permit Holders
- Unvaccinated visitors who have close ties to the country (Persons who own local properties and businesses, or who are a spouse, civil partner, parent, step-parent, child, grandchild, step-child, or grandparent of a Caymanian or Resident)
- Unvaccinated children under the age of 12
- Cruise travellers. Read more
- Unvaccinated tourist visitors (including unvaccinated tourist visitor age 12 and over) who do not have close ties to the country
- Unaccompanied unvaccinated tourist visitor children (i.e. under the age of 12)
- Unvaccinated children under the age of 12 years old will assume the vaccination status of their adult travel companions.
- Unaccompanied unvaccinated children are not permitted to enter the Cayman Islands.
- All children age 12 years and over are required to be vaccinated to be exempt from quarantine.
All travellers are required to apply on the Travel Cayman Portal and will be issued with a travel certificate which is required for entry.
Unvaccinated travellers are required to apply no less than 5 days prior to departing for the Islands.
Vaccinated travellers are required to apply no less than 72 hours prior to departing for the Islands.
Note: The requirement for a travel application does not apply to cruise travellers
Seven (7) days of quarantine is required for:
- Unvaccinated travellers (age 12 years and over), including unvaccinated Caymanians, along with all unvaccinated members of their households.
Vaccinated household members are not required to quarantine but will be required to undergo daily LFT for 7 days if they will to leave the premises.
GPS Tracking is required for all travellers and their companions age 10 years and over who are approved to quarantine at a private residence.
Post arrival testing is not required unless the traveller is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Note: Regular LFT screening is highly recommended for all persons in the Cayman Islands.
The post arrival testing requirement does not apply to cruise travellers
Thank you for your interest in applying to travel to the Cayman Islands. Prior to applying, please ensure that you are familiar with the current travel protocols.
Travellers with children
Apply for a Travel Declaration if travelling with a fully vaccinated adult.
All Vaccinated Travellers are required to apply on the Travel Cayman Portal and will be issued with a travel certificate which is required for entry.
For securely verifiable vaccine certificates, the Travel Certificate can be downloaded once the declaration has been completed. Non-securely verifiable fully vaccinated travellers will need to wait up to 5 working days for their application to be reviewed/approved. Once approved, they will be able to download their Travel Certificate.
How Fully Vaccinated Travellers Can Obtain A Travel Certificate
The Travel Certificate is valid for a period of 3 months starting from the traveller’s travel eligibility date. The travel eligibility date must be at least 14 days after you have obtained a complete course of an approved vaccine.
All vaccinated travellers will be required to present the original certificate at their departure airport and upon arrival at Cayman Islands airports.
Unvaccinated travellers (ages 12 and over) will complete a mandatory quarantine period of 7 days and are required to apply on the Travel Cayman Portal and will be issued with a travel certificate which is required for entry.
Watch the video to learn more about completing a Travel Declaration:
- You and all members of your party must be in a category that is currently permitted to travel to the Cayman Islands. See inbound travel guidance
- All travellers must meet Cayman Islands immigration requirements. Travel Cayman authorisation is in addition to normal immigration requirements.
- If you are planning to travel to the Cayman Islands as a visitor, you require a visa if you are not a national of an exempted country.
- If you are applying to travel to the Cayman Islands as a Work Permit holder or Permanent Resident, the permit or facility must be fully approved, with fees paid, and must be valid on the date of travel.
The approval of Travel Request applications can take up to 10 business days.
For questions and queries contact the Travel Cayman team directly by email at TravelCayman@gov.ky or you may also call our customer service representatives at +1 345 743 8463. Phone lines are open 8.30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
More Questions?Visit the travel homepage to learn more.