What Are the travel rules?
- All vaccinated travellers.
- Unvaccinated Caymanians, Residents and Work Permit Holders.
- Unvaccinated visitors who have close ties to the country (Persons who own local properties and businesses, or who are a spouse, civil partner, parent, step-parent, child, grandchild, step-child, or grandparent of a Caymanian or Resident)
- Unvaccinated children under the age of 12.
- Cruise travellers.
- Unvaccinated tourist visitors (including unvaccinated tourist visitor age 12 and over) who do not have close ties to the country.
Unvaccinated visitors and persons with close ties to the island who are under 12 years:
- Apply on the Travel Cayman Portal and will be issued a Travel Declaration which is required for entry
- If travelling with an accompanying adult will assume the vaccination status of said adult
- If travelling unaccompanied and residing with persons (ages 12 and over) who are unvaccinated, is required to complete a mandatory quarantine period of 7 days
All travellers are required to apply on the Travel Cayman Portal and will be issued with a travel certificate which is required for entry.
Unvaccinated travellers, including children, are required to apply on the Travel Cayman Portal 5 days prior to departing for the islands and will be issued with a travel certificate which is required for entry.
Vaccinated travellers are required to apply no less than 72 hours prior to departing for the Islands.
Note: The requirement for a travel application does not apply to cruise travellers
Pre arrival testing is no longer required to enter the Cayman Islands.
All travellers are strongly encouraged by the Medical Officer of Health to complete daily lateral flow tests for their first seven (7) days post-arrival.
- Vaccinated travellers are exempt from quarantine requirements.
- Caymanians and residents are exempt from quarantine requirements.
- All other persons will be required to isolate for a period of not less than 7 days.
- Any person disembarking must have completed an approved vaccine course at least 14 days prior to embarking the cruise ship. (This also applies to captains and crew members).
- Unvaccinated children under the age of 12 years can only disembark when accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
- Any person who tests positive for the virus or shows any symptoms of the virus is not permitted to disembark.
- Prior to arrival, a Customs and Border Control officer shall be provided with a list of the vaccination status in relation to each passenger and crew member.
- While disembarked, all passengers must comply with local regulations.
- All persons who test positive for COVID-19 by lateral flow test must complete a PCR test to confirm their result.
- Vaccinated persons are required to isolate for a period of no less than 7 days
- Unvaccinated persons are required to isolate for a period of no less than 9 days
- There is no requirement for a person to test once isolation has been completed.
Thank you for your interest in applying to travel to the Cayman Islands. Prior to applying, please ensure that you are familiar with the current travel protocols.
Travellers with children
Apply for a Travel Declaration if travelling with a fully vaccinated adult.
All Vaccinated Travellers are required to apply on the Travel Cayman Portal and will be issued with a travel certificate which is required for entry.
For securely verifiable vaccine certificates, the Travel Certificate can be downloaded once the declaration has been completed. Non-securely verifiable fully vaccinated travellers will need to wait up to 5 working days for their application to be reviewed/approved. Once approved, they will be able to download their Travel Certificate.
How Fully Vaccinated Travellers Can Obtain A Travel Certificate
The Travel Certificate is valid for a period of 3 months starting from the traveller’s travel eligibility date. The travel eligibility date must be at least 14 days after you have obtained a complete course of an approved vaccine.
All vaccinated travellers will be required to present the original certificate at their departure airport and upon arrival at Cayman Islands airports.
All unvaccinated travellers (ages 12 and over) are required to apply on the Travel Cayman Portal and will be issued with a travel certificate which is required for entry.
All unvaccinated visitors (ages 12 and over) are required to complete a mandatory quarantine period of 7 days. Unvaccinated Caymanians and Residents (ages 12 and over) are not required to quarantine.
Watch the video to learn more about completing a Travel Declaration:
- You and all members of your party must be in a category that is currently permitted to travel to the Cayman Islands. See inbound travel guidance
- All travellers must meet Cayman Islands immigration requirements. Travel Cayman authorisation is in addition to normal immigration requirements.
- If you are planning to travel to the Cayman Islands as a visitor, you require a visa if you are not a national of an exempted country.
- If you are applying to travel to the Cayman Islands as a Work Permit holder or Permanent Resident, the permit or facility must be fully approved, with fees paid, and must be valid on the date of travel.
The approval of Travel Request applications can take up to 10 business days.
For questions and queries contact the Travel Cayman team directly by email at TravelCayman@gov.ky or you may also call our customer service representatives at +1 345 743 8463. Phone lines are open 8.30 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
More Questions?Visit the travel homepage to learn more.