Quarantine is not required for:
- Securely verifiable fully vaccinated travellers.
- Non-securely verifiable fully vaccinated travellers who travel from a country with vaccination rates that are 60% or higher for the first dose of the vaccine and where those travellers spent at least 14 days prior to the date of travel.
- Caymanians/Permanent Residents who were fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine (locally or overseas).
- Unvaccinated children age 11 and younger who are assuming the vaccinated status of their adult travel companions.
Travellers exempt from quarantine must complete a Travel Declaration through the Travel Cayman Portal. To learn more,
- Travellers exempt from quarantine are to undergo a certified lateral flow test on Days 2, 5, and 7 (3 tests in total).
- Travellers testing positive using LFT will be required to have a PCR test administered at the next available testing time and immediately isolate.
- LFT Guidance for incoming travellers exempt from quarantine has been issued.
Unvaccinated travellers (age 12 and over) are required to quarantine for a minimum of 10 days along with all unvaccinated members of their household.
Travellers with non-securely verifiable vaccination records who travel from a country with a vaccination rate below 60% for the first dose of the vaccine are required to quarantine for a minimum of 7 days.
Unaccompanied unvaccinated children who travel from a country with a vaccination rate below 60% for the first dose of the vaccine are required to quarantine for a minimum of 7 days.
Vaccinated household members are not required to quarantine but will be required to undergo a daily LFT for 10 days.
- Required for travellers and their quarantine companions age 10 and older who quarantine at an approved private residence.
- Approved quarantine facilities/hotels
- Approved private residences or other tourist accommodations
- All quarantining travellers and their companions are subject to Travel Cayman welfare phone calls and physical checks.
- arriving on/after 20 January 2022
- who were scheduled to quarantine for 10 days and have spent a total of 7 days in quarantine
- who were scheduled to quarantine for 14 days and have spent a total of 10 days in quarantine
Thank you for your interest in applying to travel to the Cayman Islands. Prior to applying, please ensure that you are familiar with the current travel protocols.
Securely/Non-securely Verifiable Fully Vaccinated Travellers
Travellers that are securely verifiable and non-securely verifiable fully vaccinated travellers travelling from a country with a vaccination rate higher than 60% for the first dose of the vaccine and where those travellers spent at least 14 days prior to the date of travel, will complete a Travel Declaration through the Travel Cayman Portal.
For securely verifiable vaccine certificates, the Travel Certificate can be downloaded once the declaration has been completed. Non-securely verifiable fully vaccinated travellers will need to wait up to 5 working days for their application to be reviewed/approved. Once approved, they will be able to download their Travel Certificate.
How Securely Verifiable Fully Vaccinated Travellers Can Obtain A Travel Certificate
How Non-Securely Verifiable Fully Vaccinated Travellers Can Obtain A Travel Certificate
The Travel Certificate is valid for a period of 3 months starting from the traveller’s travel eligibility date. The travel eligibility date must be at least 14 days after you have obtained a complete course of an approved vaccine.
All vaccinated travellers will be required present the original certificate at their departure airport and upon arrival at Cayman Islands airports.
Unvaccinated travellers and non-securely verifiable fully vaccinated travellers travelling from a country with a vaccination rate lower than 60% for the first dose according to the World Health Organization (W.H.O), will complete a mandatory quarantine period and will submit a Travel Request and require approval from Travel Cayman before entry.
Watch the video to learn more about completing a Travel Declaration:
- You and all members of your party must be in a category that is currently permitted to travel to the Cayman Islands. See inbound travel guidance
- All travellers must meet Cayman Islands immigration requirements. Travel Cayman authorisation is in addition to normal immigration requirements.
- If you are planning to travel to the Cayman Islands as a visitor, you require a visa if you are not a national of an exempted country.
- If you are applying to travel to the Cayman Islands as a Work Permit holder or Permanent Resident, the permit or facility must be fully approved, with fees paid, and must be valid on the date of travel.
The approval of Travel Request applications can take up to 10 business days.
For questions and queries contact the Travel Cayman team directly by email at TravelCayman@gov.ky or you may also call our customer service representatives on +1 345 743 8463. Phone lines are open 8.30am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
More Questions?Visit the travel homepage to learn more.