What You Need To Know Before Travelling to the Cayman Islands
Here's what you need to know before travelling to the Cayman Islands
Phased Border Opening
- personal responsibility and a commitment to follow the guidelines,
- PCR testing,
- monitoring through geofencing technology,
- random checks and penalties for non-compliance.
Requirements for Inbound travel
- Check that you are included in the categories of eligible travellers
- All travellers must quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
- Apply to Travel Cayman for approval to travel and to request your choice of quarantine arrangement
- You should have health Insurance with COVID-19 coverage
- All travellers will have a PCR test at the airport on arrival
- For information on pets accompanying the traveller, or that are already on island and will reside in the residence click here
1. Check that you are included in the categories of eligible travellers
From 1st October, 2020 until further notice, travellers eligible to visit the Cayman Islands are:
- Permanent residents,
- Work permit holders and their families,
- Persons who own residential property within the Cayman Islands,
- Students with a valid visa to study in the Cayman Islands,
- Persons with close family ties to residents or work permit holders; such as spouses, fiancés, parents, grandparents, children and siblings.
- persons approved on the Global Citizen Concierge Program
- other approved visitors approved via the Travel Cayman team
2. All travellers must quarantine for a minimum of 14 days.
Everyone who arrives in the Cayman Islands is required to undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days. A PCR test will be taken on day 15 and a negative test result signed off by the Medical Officer of Health is required in order for the quarantine period to cease.
There are three quarantine options
- Quarantine at a Government Run Facility
- Quarantine at a Privately Run Hotel
- Quarantine at Residence , wearing a Monitoring Device with Geofencing Technology
Travellers must choose a quarantine option on their application and will be notified by Travel Cayman of their approved quarantine option when they receive their travel approval.
Permission to quarantine at home is not guaranteed and is subject to approval by the Medical Officer of Health. Persons who are not approved to quarantine at their residence will be required to quarantine either at a government run or privately run facility.
2.Apply approval to travel
Persons wishing to travel inbound to Grand Cayman must apply via the Travel Cayman portal.
4. You should have health insurance with COVID-19 coverage
All inbound travellers are required to confirm that they possess health insurance which includes COVID-19 coverage, or that they have independent means to cover their medical costs.
5. PCR testing at the airport
All travellers (aged 5 and over) will be tested at the airport for COVID-19 and will receive their results within 72 hours.
6. For information on pets accompanying the traveller, or that are already on island and will reside in the residence click here
Still have Questions?
Visit our travel homepage.