Cayman Islands Travel Process
Approved Traveller Categories
Inbound flights to the Cayman Islands are limited to the following categories of traveller:
- Permanent residents,
- Work permit holders and their families,
- Persons who own residential property within the Cayman Islands,
- Students with a valid visa to study in the Cayman Islands,
- Persons with close family ties to residents or work permit holders - spouses, fiancés, parents, grandparents and siblings,
- Persons approved on the Global Citizen Concierge Program,
- Other approved visitors approved via the Travel Cayman team.
All persons wishing to enter the Cayman Islands must be pre-approved by Travel Cayman.
When applying for pre-travel approval, travellers must also select one of the following quarantine options:
- Quarantine at a Government Sponsored Facility
- Quarantine at a Privately-Run Facility
- Quarantine at Residence wearing a Monitoring Device with Geofencing Technology
Effective 14 January, 2021 all travellers aged 10 and older arriving in to the Cayman Islands will need to show evidence of a negative result from a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours prior to departure. The negative result must be presented upon airport check-in. For more information visit the FAQs section.
All travellers aged 5 and over will be given a PCR test at the airport on arrival in the Cayman Islands and will receive their results within 72 hours.
Non-resident travellers must provide proof of health insurance that includes COVID-19 coverage, or attest that they understand the financial risks they are taking and that they have independent means to cover any medical and/or accommodation and travel costs.
When checking-in for the flight, all passengers must present their travel authorisation certificate issued by Travel Cayman along with their negative PCR test result with their passport any other standard documents required for travel.
Travel Cayman F.A.Q.'s
- My flight is not listed. When are flights available on the system?
- Where is the button to add a new Travel Request?
- What is the difference between a Traveller, an Occupant and an Organizer?
- Pre-arrival testing FAQs
My flight is not listed. When are flights available on the system?
Flights are removed from the Travel Cayman portal three days prior to departure. We are unable to process applications in less than three days. If you have a reason to travel that can be considered an emergency, such as a serious illness amongst immediate family members, please contact the Travel Cayman team directly with details.
Where is the button to add a new Travel Request?
What is the difference between a Traveller, an Occupant and an organizer?
Read information on quarantine here.
Still have Questions?
Visit our travel homepage.