Cayman Islands Outbound Travel Guidance
This section covers information relating to outbound travel & repatriation flights in regards to COVID-19 in the Cayman Islands.
Government continues to caution that outbound travel should be limited to essential or medical needs only. Until normal commercial air service resumes, persons who leave the Cayman Islands intending to return are likely to spend longer than they anticipated overseas.
The two airline carriers operating repatriation flights from the Cayman Islands are British Airways and Cayman Airways. The public is strongly recommended to confirm approved flights with the airlines before booking, this is to avoid any delays and cancellations of flights that have not yet been approved for repatriation.
Non-essential travel is strongly discouraged, as options to return are limited and your stay overseas may be longer than anticipated.
All travellers to the UK must:
Prior to Traveling:
- Take a coronavirus (COVID-19) test and get a negative result during the 3 days before you travel
- Book and pay for a travel test package, which will include COVID-19 tests to be taken on or before day 2
- Complete a passenger locator form
- You must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 after you arrive.
- Children aged 4 and under do not need to take this test.
- You do not need to quarantine unless the test result is positive.
- declare that you have been fully vaccinated by an approved UK vaccination (Cayman Islands HSA) on your UK passenger locator form or are taking part or have taken part in a formally approved UK COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial for COVID-19 vaccine, or you are under 18 and resident in the UK
- show proof of your vaccination status at airport check-in when you travel
UK Test Centres
A list of UK test centres can be found here by region.
Questions About Going To The UK
For more information about going to the UK and frequently asked questions click here.
Types Of Travel
British Airways operates a repatriation service between Grand Cayman and the UK. Flights can be booked directly at www.ba.com
Cayman Islands is offering repatriation flights from Grand Cayman. To book a repatriation flight from Grand Cayman, visit www.caymanairways.com or call Cayman Airways Reservations at 345-949-2311.
Private Jet & Private Charter
If you are intending to travel from the Cayman Islands in a private jet or charter, your aircraft operator must contact the Civil Aviation Authority of the Cayman Islands at email@example.com for prior authorisation. The Civil Aviation Authority requires up to 6 days’ to provide authorisations. For further information please refer to the CAACI website.
Note: Some airlines are offering flights to the Cayman Islands and accepting future bookings. However, no airlines have permission to operate commercial flights while our borders are closed. If you make reservations directly with any airline while the island borders are closed you do so at your own risk and should be aware that vouchers issued by airlines are not transferable to British Airways or Cayman Airways repatriation flights
Information On Repatriation Flights And Residents Seeking To Return To Home Countries
Until borders are fully opened, only private aircraft operations or charters and repatriation flights operated by Cayman Airways and British Airways are allowed to enter Cayman. Although Travel Cayman approval is not required to leave the Island, Government continues to caution residents that travel should be limited to essential or medical needs only.
Cayman Airways is currently providing repatriation service to Miami, USA; Kingston, Jamaica; and, Le Ceiba, Honduras. British Airways operates flights between Grand Cayman and London, Heathrow. The BA schedule of approved flights can be found here.
For the latest news and information on repatriation flights, visit www.caymanairways.com
Still Have Questions?
Visit our travel homepage.