Hurricane procedures in quarantine
Hurricane season is the time that most hurricanes occur. It is from June 1 until November 30.
During a storm you must stay in your approved quarantine location unless otherwise directed by the Travel Cayman team, therefore it is important to be prepared for all eventualities.
Quarantine at a private residence
- During hurricane season, you should always be prepared for a storm by ensuring that you have sufficient supplies to get you through 48 hours of water or electricity outage. We suggest using contactless delivery services or friends and family to drop off the supplies you will need while in quarantine.
- If you are concerned that your quarantine location is not suitable for weathering the storm, for example, if you are residing in a low-lying area liable for flooding or coastal area vulnerable to storm surge, please contact Travel Support at 345-946-7858 or 945-0556 or email@example.com.
- You should keep the Travel Cayman phone provided to you plugged in at all times.
- You should have a ‘grab and go kit’ in the case of an emergency and you need to be relocated, ensure that you include a mask and documents including passport and vaccination card (if you have one).
Quarantine at a facility
- Each facility will have its own hurricane procedures, liaise directly with your hotel for facility protocols.
- You should also have a ‘grab and go kit’ in the case of an emergency and you need to be relocated, ensure that you include a mask and documents including passport and vaccination card (if you have one).