In Cayman Brac F.A.Qs
This section covers questions relating Cayman Brac and regulations in place surrounding COVID-19 in the Sister Islands. These rules apply specifically to Cayman Brac. Click the links below to skip to the relevant questions or scroll down to read more:
The Curfews & Shelter-In-Place
- What is the current suppression level in Cayman Brac?
- When is the curfew in Cayman Brac?
- What are the rules for public meetings?
- What are the rules for taxis?
- What are the rules for visitations in Cayman Brac?
- What are the rules for public places in Cayman Brac?
- Do I have to wear a mask?
- Can I go to the beach?
- Can I go on a boat in Cayman Brac?
- Can I travel to Cayman Brac?
- Can I travel to Grand Cayman from Cayman Brac?
Consequences & Breaches
What is the Current Suppression Level in Cayman Brac
Cayman Brac is at a Level 3 Moderate Suppression level. Read more about the Cayman Brac Level 3 Suppression regulations in this PDF.
When is the curfew in Cayman Brac
The Prevention, Control and Suppression of Covid-19 (Cayman Brac) Regulations, 2020 apply to Cayman Brac.
There is a daily hard curfew for Cayman Brac from 8pm-5am in accordance with the Police Law (2017 Revision). Residents are reminded that staying home, practicing social distancing, and frequent hand washing will reduce the potential spread of COVID-19.
What are the rules for public meetings?
No person shall hold any procession or festive ceremony until further notice.
Public meetings may not include 25 or more people. These include gatherings in any public place for the purpose of engaging in the following activities:
- leisure, recreational or spiritual activities including those organised by service clubs, faith-based organisations, community organisations, civic organisations and business organisations
- parades and social activities related to such parades, including stage shows and parties
- sporting events
- health care facilities
- convenience stores and minimarts
- retail banks, building societies and credit unions
- gas or refilling stations
- post offices
- money remittance services
- outdoor areas of restaurants
What Are the Rules for Taxis?
Public transport and taxi services my operate and are unrestricted on the number of passengers.
The driver and passengers must wear masks or cloth face coverings, including while within an enclosed or semi-enclosed waiting area.
What Are the Rules for Visitation In Cayman Brac?With the exception of the Director of the Sister Islands Health Services or a person authorised by the Director of the Sister Islands Health Services, nobody is allowed to visit:
- a place or facility of quarantine or isolation
- a detainee in a prison or place of detention
- a patient in a health care facility
What Are The Rules For Public Places In Cayman Brac?
Inside public places, the owner or operator must restrict the number of customers at any one time so that each customer is able to distance himself or herself at least six feet or two metres from any other person.
If you are indoors and/or in a public place, you must maintain a distance of at least six feet or two metres from another person (unless you live in the same immediate household).
Do I have to Wear A Mask?
Because of the different suppression level and Public Health Regulations in Cayman Brac, any person over the age of two years who is indoors, in a public place, and cannot keep at least six feet from other people, must cover their mouth and nose with a mask or cloth face covering.
A public place can be:
- any highway or street
- a public park or garden
- any sea beach
- any public bridge, road, lane, footway, square, court, alley or passage, whether a thoroughfare or not;
- any open space
- any premises to which the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise
- You are unable to wear a mask or cloth face covering due to a medical condition (you shall not be required to produce documentation verifying the condition) or you are otherwise exempted by guidance provided by the Medical Officer of Health
- You are sitting or eating, without talking, at your desk or place of employment
You must also wear masks or cloth face coverings when providing or using the services of any taxi or ride-sharing, or similar public transport service, or while within an enclosed or semi-enclosed waiting area for the transport service.
There is a special way for children aged 2-10 years old to wear masks and cloth face coverings, which the Medical Officer of Health will provide written guidance on.
Where a customer refuses to wear a mask or cloth face covering for non-medical
reasons, the owner or operator of a public place may decline entry to the person.
Can I Go To The Beach In Cayman Brac?
Yes. Please note: beaches are public places, and as such require you to wear a mask if you cannot maintain at least six feet of distance from other people (see above).
Can I Go On A Boat In Cayman Brac?
In Cayman Brac, you may use a boat to travel for pleasure including for fishing in the waters. No more than two people can be on any boat and no person shall so travel for pleasure to visit Grand Cayman or Little Cayman.
Can I Travel To Cayman Brac?
Essential personnel, as designated by the competent authority, may travel to Cayman Brac by air or boat without quarantine or isolation to carry out essential services.
No person in Grand Cayman or Little Cayman is permitted to travel boat to Cayman Brac except for the transport of freight to the island.
Additionally, other travellers to Cayman Brac will need to quarantine for 14 days on Grand Cayman or Little Cayman, be tested and return negative results before they will be allowed to enter Cayman Brac. The borders are otherwise closed.
If you wish to travel to Cayman Brac from Grand Cayman or Little Cayman, before travelling, you must:
- notify the Medical Officer of Health of the proposed travel
- remain at the person’s residence or such other place of isolation as specified by the Medical Officer of Health for a period of not less than fourteen days
- be tested for the virus responsible for COVID-19
Travel may only be permitted if the test has been declared to be negative by the Medical Officer of Health.
Once you have been given permission and tested negative for COVID-19 you
- Will be transported immediately after receiving the results to the airport or to the boat for boarding, by a person assigned by the Medical Officer of Health.
- Must isolate for 14 days from date of arrival in Cayman Brac, remaining at the
person’s home or such other place of isolation as specified by the Medical Officer of Health.
- Where there are other people in the same immediate household that you are isolating in, those people will also need to isolate for 14 days
Can I Travel To Grand Cayman From Cayman Brac?
You may travel from Cayman Brac to Grand Cayman for medical reasons but must obtain the prior approval of the Medical Officer of Health to do so unless a doctor determines that this is an emergency.
To do so, and once given permission, you must isolate for 14 days from the date of arrival in Grand Cayman. Where there are other people in the same immediate household that you are isolating in, those people will also need to isolate for 14 days from your arrival date.
What Happens If The Regulations Are Breached In Cayman Brac?
A person who contravenes the regulations commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine of one thousand dollars and to imprisonment for six months.
Learn More About Curfew
Visit our Curfew & Social Distancing page to learn more about the curfew.